So I ran into a woman and her child in the elevator. I was bringing some books to the laundry room and she was interested in a couple of them, so I gave them to her. We got to talking and I wondered if she was pregnant. I actually wondered this the last few times I saw her, but I couldn't think of a tactful way to find out.

Well, today I figured it out! I asked, "Is she your only child?" And she said, "Yes, and then I'm expecting another one," patting her belly. It turns out she's having a girl. She's five months along, but hasn't really "popped" yet. Although she was wearing a loose drapey top, so it was hard to tell.

Anyway, someone asked HER if she was having twins! Can you imagine? Maybe it's a New York thing.

Today I finished the new Anita Shreve book while the babysitter was here. I literally read it in 2 1/2 hours. I liked it so much that I'm considering reading Testimony, which I couldn't get into before.

Comments

This suzy said…
I'll have to remember that question in the future if I ever wonder if someone's pregnant! That was brillian!
Bearette said…
Wasn't it? :)
Anonymous said…
I thought Testimony was just okay. I'll have to put her new one on my waiting list...
Bearette said…
I ended up reading it and liking it, though I thought it was a real departure from most of her work...

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!