Friday, September 19, 2008

Steve Miller

So some music holds E spellbound. I was playing Sarah McLachlan's new song and he was fascinated. (He actually likes the snippet on iTunes better than the song played in its entirety.) I tried singing "The Joker" by The Steve Miller Band to him. I changed my voice to make it deep and have a twang like Steve Miller's. He stared at me and then his brows furrowed and he started to scream.

This morning I tried again - singing the song in my normal voice. He liked it, and even leaned forward as if he were trying to eat the song.

He has no use for classical.

3 comments:

Liz said...

I can picture you crooning, "Some people call me the space cowboy!"

Lion likes Dean Martin. And daddy's band, natch. ;)

Bearette24 said...

My favorite lines are "You're the cutest thang that I ever did see/I really love your peaches, wanna shake your tree" ;)

He also likes Yellow Submarine :)

Caro said...

Tell him if he doesn't sleep for you, you're pulling out the deep voice again. :-O