I'm reading Making It Up As I Go Along by Marian Keyes. It wasn't available on the Kindle or in the U.S. at all (I ordered it from a third-party seller on Amazon who turned out to be in the U.K.). Sometimes when a book isn't easily available, there's a reason - it's not very good. This one, however, is funny. In one section, she talks about her trip to Laos and how she put her "anti-mad tablets" on the "bedside yoke" so she could have them in the morning. When she woke up, however, she discovered they had all been eaten by bugs or "small beasts unknown" who were in "top form" all day. That tickled me.

Comments

Rachel Federman said…
Sounds good. Much as I despise Amazon (esp now) I like that you tracked the book down.
Bearette said…
I know, yeah...Amazon is the hardest one to boycott with Kindle & everything...I never shopped at most of the other companies on the list, so those were easy...

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!