So we got home from vacation to find a terrible smell in the kitchen. I put some baking soda in the sink drain and lit some cinnamon candles, but the smell remained. Then I lifted a pot lid that was on the kitchen table and saw a dead mouse beneath it. One of the worst things I have ever seen. D is going to clean it off the table after he takes a shower (I would personally take the shower afterward, but whatever) and I ordered some peppermint oil online. Pinterest said it drives mice away and they have not let me down yet. Another piece of valuable advice from them: If you buy bananas in a bunch, separate them as soon as you get home from the store. They won't turn brown as quickly.

Comments

judy in ky said…
Ew. I would take a shower before AND after.
Rachel Federman said…
peppermint oil works like a charm. make sure the kids don't drink it - it can be toxic to humans I found out when I called poison control about it once
Bearette said…
Thanks for telling me. I'm planning to sprinkle it behind the oven.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!