The Whitney

Z and I went to the Whitney today (we have already been to the Met, the Guggenheim and the MOMA). I was in a bad mood after waiting an hour in line and having a woman with brass cajones try to cut in front of me. (I foiled her.) So we got a brownie in the cafe and shared it, which improved things slightly, and then we took in the Yayoi Kusama exhibit. One floor of it was shut down for the day, but we still got to see the other, and amazingly it was basically worth the hour wait. Very striking art. We weren't supposed to take photos, so I didn't take any with my iPhone, although it's probably an exception.

My favorite pieces were: a painting from 1975 with a large dark-blue eye (the color of a night sky) filled with stars; and a bunch of octopus legs in buckets, all white (very memorable and I REALLY wanted to take a picture of it). I recommend it, though you might want to go on a weekday.

Comments

Rachel Federman said…
brownies always make things better. i love how Z eats everything. you're making me want to visit art museums (and that's saying a lot)
Bearette said…
i love art museums! you should totally go. the only one i'm against is the frick (they don't allow children under 10).

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!