I finished watching 2 Days in New York this morning. It's a Julie Delpy movie, also starring Chris Rock, and a guy who is always in Chris Rock movies (I used to see him at my old gym's pool, and also pushing someone in a wheelchair in my neighborhood). The movie also had a scene in my neighborhood. It was fun, light, enjoyable. A couple of scenes fell flat, but overall I like her neurotic/female/French version of Woody Allen.

I have started the kindergarten admission process (and then hopefully we won't have to do this again for a very, very long time. All these schools seem to give preference to siblings so that will hopefully make things easier when it is Z's turn). E is currently in preschool but his school doesn't go up to kindergarten. So I am wading through applications, with open houses, parent interviews, and playdates in our future. Some of these schools even have "early decision," like college. New York is insane in some ways. At least they have eliminated the "call on Labor Day for an application" craziness where you have to keep calling until you get hold of someone; I read about that in a Jill Kargman book. Now all the applications are online.

Comments

Rachel Federman said…
oh God I didn't even know that used to be a part of it. HOW RIDICULOUS!! I really can't stand this scene.
Bearette said…
Me neither. It's insane.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!