I made a really awesome dinner, from Vegetarian Planet. I changed the recipe a little bit. Here it is:

1. Boil water for pasta and cook the penne till just tender. Drain.

2. Melt 4 T butter (I used Vermont cultured butter, really good). Add 1 tsp minced garlic and 1 heaping tsp minced ginger. Saute for 1 min. Add 1/2 t dried sage, 3/4 c red lentils (don't use brown), and 3/4 c water. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat, cover and cook for 15 min or until lentils are done. Add 2 or 3 big handfuls of fresh spinach and 1 tsp salt. Cook until spinach is wilted. Add pepper to taste and drained pasta.

Plus, Z likes it.

Comments

judy in ky said…
Sounds good. I think I'll try it!
Bearette said…
I made it again tonight. It's kind of like Indian pasta.
Rachel Federman said…
Z is the most amazing non-picky eater I've ever seen.
Bearette said…
Yeah, she really will eat anything

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!