It's funny, I look at the blogs on my (private) list and get peeved when they're not updated - but I haven't updated myself. So here I am.

For tax reasons, D was considering living in NH for six months at some point - he asked if I would be interested in this. I thought about it and realized I wasn't. I like seeing my family, and I get some intense nostalgia when I go home to visit, but I don't feel a big pull to live in New England. It was kind of a relief realizing that I am in the right place. Not that NYC is perfect. It's not. But it has a certain energy that is hard to find anywhere else; it folds you into its big sweaty embrace, and there are many things to love about it.

On the reading front, I'm in the middle of A Teeny Bit of Trouble by Michael Lee West (a woman). It had a slow start, but then it became all fun and zany (like most of her books). I recommend it if you are looking for something light and enjoyable.

Comments

Rachel Federman said…
I kinda feel that too. That I'm in the right place. Definitely true about the energy here. Loved the 99% crowd outside the post office just now with a list of all the companies that paid zero taxes or GOT REFUNDS (GE, Con Ed, Verizon, among others)...
Bearette said…
It's crazy...
Bearette said…
all those companies, i mean :)
judy in ky said…
I always felt that way working in Philly. I loved being in the city... not as big as New York by any means, but still a good, busy vibe.
judy in ky said…
By the way, I've been reading a lot recently. I think I will write a blog about it.
Bearette said…
you should!

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!