I'm reading The Gilly Salt Sisters and enjoying it. I forget who the author is (not as prominent on the Kindle), but I think she also wrote The Little Giant of Aberdeen County...or something like that.

Bittersweet news today...E is going to go to a different school in the fall. It seems like a very nice place. But he might even start sooner, as in, finishing out this school year there. There are some issues with his current school. But I will definitely miss parts of it. One nice thing is, the new school is right near the subway - a station with an elevator. E loves subways and he loves elevators.

Tonight I and some of the other neighborhood moms gathered on the blacktop (a little enclosed area behind my building) so the kids could ride their bikes and bigwheels. E just recently got a bike with training wheels, which he usually likes, but he had an eye for W's bigwheel. I guess he is taking after me in that way because I used to steal the neighbor's bigwheel when I was a kid. Anyway, it was fun.

Comments

judy in ky said…
I recently read two books by Lauren Groff; "The Monsters of Templeton" and "Arcadia". I found "Arcadia" very slow going, but really liked "The Monsters of Templeton".
Now I've gotten hooked on "The Dark Tower" series by Stephen King. He's not usually my cup of tea, but for some reason I find these fascinating.

(Note: I haven't figured out how to italicize in comments so I use quotes instead).
Bearette said…
Interesting...you're the second person to recommend Groff to me! The other person really loved Monsters of Templeton, too.
Rachel Federman said…
Definitely bittersweet news re: leaving the school.
I loved meeting on the blacktop.
Big wheels are a rite of passage. I remember riding mine for at least a year after I'd mastered riding a bike with no training wheels.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!