Just a note to say...I love the bus! I never bothered to figure it out before, I always took the subway or walked. But now when I'm big and pregnant, the air conditioning/lack of stairs on the bus are welcome. The crosstown bus is slow as molasses, but the uptown/downtown one is fairly quick and endearingly social. A woman showed me a cowl she was knitting for her son-in-law with British-style increases.

Speaking of the British, I'm reading the Agatha Raisin mystery series by M.C. Beaton. It's a lot of fun. Agatha is kind of a curmudgeon, but also very likable.

Comments

judy in ky said…
When I rode the commuter train in Philadelphia, I found it to be very social. I made several friends riding the train. I miss it a lot!
Anonymous said…
That's funny--I've been working on a post about possibly going car-free, and one of my main concerns is learning to ride the bus! I'm glad you find it pleasant.
Bearette said…
Yeah, it was surprisingly easy to learn. I still don't use the express bus, but that's ok. The one downside is you can't buy a new metrocard on the bus - you have to get it on the subway, which i hardly use anymore.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!