So yesterday was Mother's Day. I got to be a (somewhat) lazy daisy. It was cool. For dinner we went to this place near the river, very casual. The waitress balked at our ordering 2 quesadillas. She told us they were huge and we should really share. She threatened to make us stay and finish them. They were huge, but we ate most of them out of pride.

I've been going to bed early and waking up when it's dark.

Yesterday I finished The Bride's House by Sandra Dallas. It was the first book I've loved in a while. Other books I've liked recently are Attachments by Rainbow Rowell and The Uncoupling by Meg Wolitzer.

And I'm still a bit nauseous, even though I'm 14 weeks now (as of Saturday). I have my anti-nausea meds and a bunch of "preggie drops." Hopefully I won't be low-level queasy for the next six months.

Comments

judy in ky said…
It sounds like you had the best kind of Mother's Day :)
Bearette said…
Yes, it was good! I also had some French toast :)
Poppy said…
It angers me when servers scold me for the food I order. I vote that you keep on ordering whatever you like!

Happy Mother's Day a few days late. :)
judy in ky said…
Thanks to your recommendation, I now have "A Bride's House" on my Kindle.
Bearette said…
Poppy - agreed!

Judy - I didn't know you have a Kindle. Do you like it?

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!