Whew! I am trying to keep my head together because I'm busier right now than I've been in my entire life. Makes law school and taking the bar look like a picnic. Good thing we gals can multitask.

But I wanted to tell you I am reading a good book - Orange is the New Black: My Year in a Women's Prison. It's about a Smith grad who smuggles drug money into O'Hare and ends up in federal prison ten years later. Surprisingly, she's a really sympathetic narrator and it's a glimpse into a world I (hopefully) will never see. It's worth checking out.

Comments

This Suzy said…
Sounds interesting! I'll have to check it out sometime, although I have a couple other books to read first. :)
Anonymous said…
The book sounds pretty interesting. Sometimes I find myself thinking about how I'd fare if I were somehow sent to prison (wrongly convicted, naturally). I also sometimes think about trying to teach at a prison. I think I'm a bit fascinated by the prison culture.

I hope the busyness calms down for you soon!
Bearette said…
Thanks :) It might be interesting to teach at a prison. It would definitely provide blogging material!
This Suzy said…
Sounds interesting! I'll have to check it out, although I have a couple other books to read first. :)
Bearette said…
This comment has been removed by the author.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!