So I'm reading 3 books right now - The Imperfectionists by Tom Rachman, Hissy Fit by Mary Kay Andrews, and The Peach Keeper by Sarah Addison Allen. I usually only read one book at a time, but this is kind of fun. I avoided The Imperfectionists for a long time - it's about an English-language paper in Rome, and the beginning of the first section just didn't grab me. But I persevered and it really improves. It's a clever story.

Hissy Fit is basically mindless fun (which I enjoy). The Peach Keeper is an advance reviewer copy that came in the mail today. I loved her previous book, The Sugar Queen. Today we are taking E to a birthday party where there will be Cuban food and a magician. I've never been to a birthday party with a magician before.

Comments

Lisa said…
I really enjoyed "The Imperfectionists." Glad you are getting into it. I do think it takes a while to warm up.

I'm currently reading "The World Beneath." (Thank goodness for Kindle.) Not sure how I feel about it yet.
Bearette said…
Sue Miller? I think I read that one.

I finished The Imperfectionists and liked it, except for what happened to the dog.
judy in ky said…
If something bad happened to a dog, I'm not going to read it. Thanks for the warning. I'm still not over "Old Yeller".
Bearette said…
I understand. It was definitely upsetting. And unnecessary if you ask me.
Lisa said…
By Cate Kennedy. I think it's fairly new. I'm reading it on a Bookslut recommendation.
Bearette said…
Oh, I'll have to check it out. I like hearing about new books.
BabelBabe said…
I dig MK Andrews. she's perfect light reading. I was not enamored of The Imperfectionists. and you got me all excited about the Sarah Addison Allen, now i have to wait. did you see there's a new Maisie Dobbs coming out this month?
Bearette said…
I didn't know that :) I haven't gotten into that series yet but I do see it everywhere...

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!