So I'm finishing up The Farmer's Daughter (Jim Harrison) and enjoying it quite a bit. He writes equally well from a male or female point of view, which is pretty rare if you ask me. He's a somewhat random author for me to like, since all of his books seem to be set in Montana, Canada, North Dakota or the upper peninsula of Michigan, but I just like the way he writes. If you are looking for a book, I recommend it.

At Whole Foods, I saw a display of yams mixed with marshmallows and it made me think of Thanksgiving. I think sweet potatoes are sweet enough by themselves.

Comments

I have never had yams w/marshmallows..I have to agree w/u, they're good enough on their own.
Perplexio said…
Do you ever read "book recommendations" of fictional characters from novels?

I once picked up an Evelyn Waugh novel after he was mentioned in William Boyd's Any Human Heart. I couldn't get into it, but I may revisit Waugh's works at some indeterminate point in the future.

Lately I've been reading Kurt Andersen's Turn of the Century in which the late Canadian author, Robertson Davies, is mentioned a few times so I've added some of his books to my goodreads.com "to read" list.

I'm just curious to see if any other bookworms do the same thing.
Bearette said…
Huh...i can't remember if i've ever done that. i love robertson davies, though.
Roxanne said…
Haha! I SO read that as "yarns mixed with marshmallows" at first. I was thinking...hmmm...interesting cross marketing. Although I have been known to call yarn "yummy". ;)
Bearette said…
Hehe...guess you have knitting on the brain :)
judy in ky said…
I agree about the sweet potatoes! By the way, Robertson Davies was one of my father's (a great book lover) favorite authors.
Anonymous said…
I read "yarns" too :-)
BabelBabe said…
i make sweet potatoes with pecan topping. also, I JUST bought that book yesterday. also also, LOVE Davies.
Bearette said…
you bought the farmer's daughter? be warned, it's weird. but absorbing.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!