I seem to have blog block, but I don't want this little page to feel neglected. So, bits:

1) Went home for Thanksgiving. It was very nice aside from the allergy attack I always get around the family dogs. I love animals but am allergic to most of them. Fortunately, my mother doesn't have one (we stayed at her place). The food was delicious; we had vegetarian shepherd's pie, which I made, plus mac & cheese, roasted butternut squash, hummus pizza and sundry other goodies. My sister's peanut butter cookies are always a smash hit.

2) Books. I just finished the first two books in the Someday Quilts mystery series. They have almost tempted me to make a quilt, but it seems more complicated and time-consuming than knitting. Maybe someday. I like the series, the first book was stronger than the second, but I have a feeling the third one will be great (I picked it up accidentally when I was looking for the second one, and was impressed).

3) Knitting. Here is a picture of a scarf I finished recently.

Comments

I love that variegated yard!. Yes, quilting does seem harder..,a friend of mine use to quilt and I had no idea the amount of measuring one has to go through... My grandmother made a quilt for me out of old scraps of material she kept.. I wished I kept that quilt, it disintegrated over the years due to washings and use... She remembered every piece of material in that quilt...
Anonymous said…
I've wanted to learn how to quilt also. I'm so terrible with fine details that I think I'd be horrible at it, but that means if I could learn to do it, it would be a remarkable accomplishment!
Bearette said…
KBF - yes, it seems like a lot of math!

DK - me too, I'm not so into the fine details.
This Suzy said…
Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving! I love the scarf!
G said…
Love the scarf - it's gorgeous! Will you be around for Christmas?
Bearette said…
Thanks, Suzy!
Bearette said…
G - I like the new pic! Yes, I'll be home for Christmas...(I think that's a song)...
judy in ky said…
I don't have the patience to do pre-planned quilt designs. That's why I love crazy quilts. You don't have to measure much; just fill a square with bits and pieces as you like; a little like collage. Much more creative and fun than copying a design. If you want a bigger quilt, just do a bunch of squares, then sew them together.
judy in ky said…
I get inspiration from a book called "Careless Quilting" by Kristen Miller. It's called "decide as you sew, design as you go quiltmaking".
Bearette said…
Thanks! I'll add it to my wish list. It's nice to know that math is not always crucial.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!