So I read that Lady Gaga wore a dress made out of meat to the Video Music Awards...truly disturbing. And yet, I think she might have some staying power. She doesn't seem to care what others think about her and is willing to shake up her image.

I went to MA for the weekend. While it was nice to visit family and get in touch with my roots, I also came down with a serious cold. Or maybe just turbo-allergies. Either way, it's unpleasant. I poured some boiling water into a stainless steel bowl and let the steam waft up...I think that may have helped as much as anything. Hopefully things will be better tomorrow.

On the reading front, I'm slightly past the middle of Healer by Carol Cassella...she's a doctor who majored in English undergrad...so she has an English major sensibility, but lots of medical knowledge. It's kind of a cool mix. I also read Oxygen by her (nothing to do with the network), but I like this one better.

A bunch of books are also waiting for me at the library...The House at Riverton, The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks, Sarah's Key, The Forgotten Garden...

Comments

Haven't read Healer, I did read Oxygen and liked it... why do u like Healer better?
Make a hot toddy and suck on some zinc tablets... your cold will get better.
Bearette said…
Thanks! I did have some hot herbal tea with lemon and honey. I think Healer has more of an emphasis on family and marriage, not just the medical industry...
This Suzy said…
I don't know what to make of Lady Gaga. And I don't think I care enough to figure it out. lol

Hope you feel better soon!!
Bearette said…
Thanks, Suzy. She is pretty bizarre :)
judy in ky said…
Can you imagine how that outfit smelled under the hot lights? Yuk! She must have been attracting flies. Yuk!
Bearette said…
It's disgusting! I'm reading Sarah's Key now...forcing myself to go to bed. I really want to finish it :)
Laura said…
I saw Rebecca Skloot, the author of The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks, when she spoke at the Eugene Public Library. It sounds like a really fascinating book, and she was a great speaker. I put myself on the waiting list at the library for the book and it was 100 people long! Can't wait to hear what you think of it.
Bearette said…
Cool! Looking forward to reading it.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!