So I went out on my customary after-dinner walk and two amusing things happened. First, I spotted Philip Seymour Hoffman. He was eating at an outdoor cafe right near Hudson and Gansevoort, and I believe he was eating with two children. He smirked when I recognized him. I've noticed this is a pattern among celebrities - the men are flattered, while the women run away (including Susan Sarandon, my very first celebrity in 1999, and Patricia Clarkson, who was terrified when I recognized her in B&N once. But of course I followed the New York code of not saying anything). The one exception to the running-away rule was Tyra Banks, who smiled and said, "Hi!" when I recognized her at a restaurant. She was eating at the table next to ours, in fact. (This was long before E...it was not a restaurant where you would bring your kids.)

The second amusing thing was that I went to a liquor store to buy a bottle of Riesling. The cashier gave me a suspicious look and I knew what was coming. Folks, this is the 3rd time I've been carded since my 35th birthday...which was not even a month ago. Absurd, yet flattering.

Comments

Sorry, had to google the name...yeah men are flattered when recognized... then again i met a few female stars that were self assured and confident.. Victoria Principle ( who was maid of honor at my friend's wedding), Zsa Zsa Gabor, Michele Lee , the original Hot Lips Hoolihan from MASH...can't think of her name...
Anonymous said…
For some reason, your celebrity sightings always crack me up. I don't know why. Did I tell you that I could have sworn I saw Jack Black at LAX? That's my only celebrity sighting, and it isn't even confirmed.
Bearette said…
No, you never told me that! I remember the picture of your husband and Zach Braff though...

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!