The Anthologist, and a new lullaby

I'm reading The Anthologist by Nicholson Baker. For a book with such a dry title, it's excellent. It's also different from any other book I've read. For some reason, his writing style makes me think he is British, but nope, he lives in Maine.

A friend of mine put up a link to a song on Facebook - "Take This Job and Shove It." I played it out of idle curiosity. I thought it would be a bit punk, like The Police's early song, "Dead End Job." But no, it's kind of a laid-back country twang of a song. E loved it. Every time it ended, he chirped, "Again," and he actually fell asleep to it, a bit early because he had no nap today. As I was carrying him to his crib, he started crying and said, "Again!" so I grabbed my laptop, pressed Play, and stationed it in front of his crib. He dozed off in no time.

Comments

judy in ky said…
Maybe you have a little country guy there!
Bearette said…
Maybe ;)
Perplexio said…
I remember that song back in the early 80s.

How old is E, btw? My wife is doing the SAHM thing as well. We have a soon to be 15 month old girl.
Bearette said…
Yes, my mom read this and told me the song is from 9 to 5, the Dolly Parton movie...E is 2 years, plus almost 3 months.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!