Hello! I just wanted to let you know that I am reading Slow Love by Dominique Browning. She's a former editor of House & Garden who lost her job and then wrote this memoir. I'm really enjoying it. She's sly and witty and has interesting observations about eavesdropping (e.g., that at a restaurant, someone is always listening to your conversation, just as you're listening to theirs). I may have to monitor myself :)

Also, there are little snippets in this book that I love, including this one: "I get to the point where I am looking for muffin recipes in obscure corners of the web late at night, and forgetting to take note of where I've been, so that by morning, the muffins are gone, like a dream, eloquent about my desires, but never to be recovered."

On Saturday, I'm going to see Eat Pray Love with a friend. I'm hoping it will be good.

Comments

judy in ky said…
I'll have to look for that book. It sounds good.
Bearette said…
It really is. I'm kind of trying to draw it out :)
This Suzy said…
I'll be curious to read what you think about the movie. I'm going to go see it, but not for another week or two. I hate fighting the crowds!
Bearette said…
Me too. I always go to the matinee, so it's not too much of a problem. Opening night - forget it!

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!