So this blog is going to be booky for a bit. I finished Invisible by Paul Auster. As usual, it was elegantly written and non-linear. I first started reading him because someone recommended him to me, and now I recommend him to others. So if you haven't read him, you might want to check him out. The Music of Chance is a good one to start with. The protagonist loses a high-stakes poker game and finds himself building a stone wall in the middle of nowhere...

After that, I read Cornelia and the Audacious Escapades of the Somerset Sisters. This was a children's book with echoes of Harriet the Spy. Not quite as good, of course, but still enjoyable.

And now I am reading Knit the Season by Kate Jacobs. It's part of the Friday Night Knitting Club series. The literary equivalent of a warm blanket.

What are you reading? And do you like it?

Comments

Lisa said…
I just finished "Zeitoun" by Dave Eggers. Excellent, although not as good as "What is the What." (As an aside, I'm missing Eggers talking about "What is the What" tonight on campus.)

I'm now reading "Stylized"---a history of "The Elements of Style."

And "Her Fearful Symmetry" just arrived this afternoon. I went ahead and bought it.
Bearette said…
Yay! I loved Fearful Symmetry.

E brought me a copy of The Elements of Style from the bookcase. I hadn't looked at it in years. It was surprisingly funny, at least the section I saw.
Anonymous said…
Okay, I guess I need to read Her Fearful Symmetry. At least that's what the universe seems to be telling me. :)
Bearette said…
I feel like the universe is telling me to read The Help. I haven't got around to it, though. So long....
judy in ky said…
I recently discovered a used book store in my area. I took in all my old paperbacks and got credit for $80. While I was there, I found a book called "Where Did I Leave My Glasses?". That's what I'm reading at the moment. It's about normal memory loss... I'm a couple of decades older than you so that's a concern for me at this stage in life!
This suzy said…
I'm reading Stern Men by Elizabeth Gilbert. I love Eat Pray Love and just finished reading it for the second time, so I thought I'd try another of her books.

When I bought that one I also bought Half Broke Horses by Jeannette Walls and Anna Karenina by Tolstoy.
Poppy said…
I am reading Black Out by Lisa Ungerer - don't really like.

I am also reading Dark Places by Gillian Flynn - like it very much, just doesn't fit so well in my work bag.

I am about to read Havana Nocturne by T.J. English - recommended to me by someone smart and stuff, so I think it'll be good!
BabelBabe said…
i just read Something Missing by Matthew Dicks - really enjoyed it. quirky little novel. am currently reading Cunning Man by Robertson Davies, and Hissy Fit by Mary Kay Andrews (total fluff).

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!