Hello, it's me...

Wow, it's been a while since I've blogged.

Anyway, November and December will be months filled with travel for me. Going to my mother's house for Thanksgiving (actually, I'll be staying at my mother's, going to my brother's on the actual day). Probably going to the family Christmas party, an annual extravaganza where all my first cousins and their children are gathered under one (rented) roof. And then Christmas itself. I haven't started my shopping. Have you?

Am currently reading The Housekeeper and the Professor. I'll be done with it soon since it's a short, crisp 180 pages. Before that, I read The Lacuna. Now, I usually like Barbara Kingsolver, but this latest offering was seriously bloated at 507 pages. It needed an editor's judicious hand. I'd like her to go back to simple, character-centered fiction instead of Novels with a Message. The message of this one? Communism is great, the press is evil. Yawn.

Comments

This suzy said…
It's a bummer that you didn't like The Lacuna. I'll probably still read it, though, so I guess we'll see how similar our opinions are! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!