So how was your Thanksgiving? A few interesting things happened on mine.

First, my brother became obsessed with his deep fryer. He retreated to the basement and started frying everything he could find. His son would bring up more and more fried goodies. I couldn't bring myself to eat them. But they were fascinating to watch. He deep-fried Twinkies, a Snickers bar, a piece of pepperoni pizza (no one wanted to go near that one), and an ice cream sandwich. Apparently if something's cold, you only fry it for 35 seconds. E.g., fried ice cream.

A sad thing: E was playing on the stairs at my brother's place, and although my mom and sister were watching him, he took a tumble. He got a little bump and I was really sad. Thankfully, it's all gone today.

An odd thing: as Mom was pulling out of my brother's driveway, I suddenly became aware of screaming faces behind us, in a parked car. They were convinced my mother hit their car. But nobody in our car felt any impact. Mom was all meek and apologetic. But they weren't hearing it, and even got a flashlight to see if there was any damage. Finally, they let us go.

Comments

Lisa said…
Poor E!

I've heard that there's a restaurant in NYC where they'll deep fry any food item that you bring in.

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!
Bearette said…
I've never been there :) Hope you had a good one, too.
This suzy said…
Glad you had a (mostly) good Thanksgiving!
judy in ky said…
You had quite an eventful Thanksgiving. I'm glad everyone is okay.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!