Tuesday, September 22, 2015

I read an article in the New Yorker about different "online shows." The article said that Amazon's Catastrophe was the best. I didn't try it right away because I have never been a TV person. Finally I watched it today and I was hooked. I watched the whole season (6 23-minute episodes) in one sitting. I did some research and found out it is a British show, available in the US exclusively through Amazon Prime. I do like British shows better than mainstream American fare. The actors look like real people, the humor is quirky and intelligent, and there is no laugh track. Recommended.

2 comments:

Rachel Federman said...

What about the British accents? I find those quite taxiing.

Bearette said...

Me too, usually! But for some reason I could handle all the accents in this one (British, Irish, and Scottish). One of the characters was American. And I had closed captioning on, which probably helped. I think the people with accents were speaking fairly slowly and enunciating well.