Thursday, May 29, 2014

The problems of excessive popularity

The title of this post is kind of a joke. But with a grain of truth in it. We're having a birthday party for E and we are "oversubscribed." They can fit 21 4 to 6 year olds in the "car room" and they can fit 8 to 10 younger siblings in the "Duplo room." Also 5 parents. The problem is, we have 30 parents coming! I guess we can put some people in the waiting room. Yikes! We thought more people would say no. But it's much better than nobody coming, and I think everyone will have a good time. 

7 comments:

judy in ky said...

That's great. I hope everyone has fun.

Bearette said...

It was really fun. Lots of cake left over though - D got one big enough to feed 60-80 people. About 45 were there.

Bearette said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
judy in ky said...

I finished reading The Fault in Our Stars. I loved the way the characters used dialogue. It showed me how imaginative and smart they are. I would love to know Hazel and Gus in real life. I thought Peter van Houten was a sour note and it was weird how he showed up later. I also didn't understand why her parents were so hard on her at one point, but I guess that's because they are afraid of losing her.
I don't know if I could watch the movie without crying.
There was a great feature about John Green on CBS Sunday Morning this morning.

Bearette said...

I agree! Peter van Houten was a downer. Gus was great.

Bearette said...

He has another good book, called An Abundance of Katherines.

judy in ky said...

I'm going to read that one, too.