So I do have strep. The doctor gave me some powerful form of penicillin that the "infectious disease people" recommend. It did start working right away. When I got to CVS, prepared for a long line, the pharmacist pulled me aside for a consult and told me, with a serious face, not to drink for the 2 weeks I am taking the meds, etc. I was a little startled because I know the pharmacist's name, he fills all our prescriptions as well as our in-laws', and I've never seen him looking so solemn.

If I get strep again, I might have to get my tonsils taken out.

I'm reading A Tale for the Time Being by Ruth Ozeki (who also wrote My Year of Meats, which I didn't read), and Diana Gabaldon's Dragonfly in Amber (the second book in the Outlander series). I didn't really care for the first one, but this one is really pulling me in.

Comments

Poppy said…
Yikes, I hope this round of meds works!
Bearette said…
Thanks, Poppy. It seems to be working well so far :)
judy in ky said…
It's nice that you have a pharmacist who knows you. They can be very helpful. I hope your new meds cure the strep; it's been a long time with it.
Bearette said…
Thanks, Judy. I hope so too!

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!