I'm reading a little book called 13, rue Therese. Very strange and delightful story. I really do love most things French, though I haven't been there since 1996. I am glad I studied French instead of Spanish.

I am heading to Massachusetts tomorrow, because my oldest nephew is graduating from high school. I can hardly believe it. My family will also celebrate E's birthday, which falls on June 4. He is turning 3, which is also hard to believe. Last night we celebrated his birthday with the in-laws, and he actually blew out his candle! They got him some balloons which he proudly carried out of the restaurant. But, they didn't make it outside. He let them go and they got caught in the ceiling fan. The staff was working to extricate them when we left. I felt bad about it but they were good-humored.

Anyway, there was a tornado in Massachusetts, so I wonder if our visit is ill-timed. However, it happened in the western part of the state, which is not where I am going, and the forecast for the next few days looks good. I think only property was damaged.

Comments

BabelBabe said…
oh, I just read that too! strange but compelling little book. I just whipped thru meg Wolitzer's new one last night in like three hours. pretty good. not nearly the slog her books can sometimes be.
Bearette said…
Yeah, i hear you...i checked out meg wolitzer's other books and they look really slow. i guess they can't help it, with titles like The Ten-Year Nap :)

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!