It's so hot! I just got an inch of hair cut off and I feel much lighter. My hairdresser wrote down her last name for me so I could friend her on Facebook. It's the first time I've had a friendship with my hairdresser. Truth be told, the hairdresser before her was very rude. Also very inexpensive. But I realized it wasn't worth it. This one is six months younger than me, has a daughter, and is very nice. I've been going to her for a while.

Currently reading Father of the Rain by Lily King. It's more serious than the books I usually read, but I'm enjoying it.

I'm knitting a cable shrug. The construction of the shrug is a little unusual, but I wrapped my head around it, and the cable pattern itself is surprisingly simple. For some reason I thought the pattern would be harder than it was. I need to figure out where I can buy a brooch, preferably online. Any ideas? I like the one in the picture.

Comments

Caro said…
How funny, my hairdresser added me to her facebook this week.
judy in ky said…
There are lots of brooches on ebay, if you want to try that.
I just finished a book called Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout. It seemed strange at first, but I ended up really liking it. It's very low-key and touching in a sneaky way.
Bearette said…
ebay is a good idea. I didn't even think of that. I'll have to check out that book.
Anonymous said…
How about Etsy for the brooch?

I once went to a hairdresser a couple times because he was so friendly. I didn't think he was great at his job, but I liked him :-)
Tracy said…
Hot? Really? I wonder if it's hotter there than here...
I'll find out this weekend! :)))
Bearette said…
The weather actually improved a ton. The humidity is gone & it's nice and breezy now :)

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!