It's done

So I finished my sweater:



It was fairly painless as sweaters go, and it took less than 3 skeins of worsted Malabrigo yarn. So it was inexpensive, too.

Good books I've read lately:

All Over the Map,
a memoir by Laura Fraser about traveling the world and rebuilding her life after 40. This was good enough that I placed her previous memoir, An Italian Affair, on hold despite its being told in the second person.

Seven Year Switch by Claire Cook. I think I must feel a bond with her because she is also from Massachusetts, but she is also a good writer. Fun, light, snappy with some hidden depths.

First Comes Love, Then Comes Malaria by Eve Brown-Waite. Another memoir, this time about her stint in the Peace Corps (Ecuador) and subsequent trip to Uganda to help out with AIDS relief. I'm still reading this one. It has the unexpected effect of making me want to go to Uganda, though I probably won't.

Comments

Dang,u r definitely a pro knitter!. Love that pattern and the books sound real interesting...more to add to my list! lol
xBrokenxAngelax said…
That is a pretty Sweater you did a great job!
Bearette said…
Thank you :)
Lisa said…
Pretty! I'm jealous---my one attempt at a sweater was a disaster.
Bearette said…
I think those Yarn Girls books are bad. The one I made from there was kind of boxy.
Amy said…
The sweater looks great. The book told in second person sounds interesting too - it's always a hard form to master but when done right it's amazing.
Bearette said…
Amy - are you the former Western East Coaster? Hi either way :) I ended up not reading the second-person memoir, but I might eventually.
Amy said…
Hey yes it's me - I took such a long time off from blogging but then I found links to all my old blog pals. I'm back on the bandwagon, but with a new writing blog now :)

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!