Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Well, I got E some French teething biscuits at Whole Foods, and he loves them. The package features a picture of a baby gazing at a biscuit as if it contains the answer to age-old mysteries. The little blurb on the package practically suggests that you try one yourself. Maybe I will (just kidding). They look pretty hard.

While we were in the store, some song by Squeeze was playing and E danced a little to it, tapping his stroller in time to the beat. A guy who was sitting on the floor, drilling or something, made friends with him. I mentioned that he was teething and the guy said, "Yeah! When my kids were teething, we took the milk we were feeding them - soy or whatever - and mixed anisette in. It works!" I explained that I was still nursing, and he said, "Then you pump and mix the anisette in! It works!" He was really enthusiastic. I'm not sure. Maybe I'll stick to Tylenol?

6 comments:

BabelBabe said...

probably only at WF would a male employee be able to answer the nursing issue : )

My guy loves anisette toast, so the anise is not so far-fetched. E might like it.

Bearette24 said...

Some woman said that, actually - she walked by and said, "I do lactation, and I've never heard a man give a woman advice about it before." So of course I wondered if she was a lactation consultant or something, or if "I do lactation" just means breastfeeding. She did have a baby with her.

Roxanne said...

That was pretty brave of him to give advice involving breastfeeding. Maybe he "does lactation" also??

kitkat said...

Sounds like you have a little musician in your family :)

Liz said...

HONK IF YOU DO LACTATION.

Good bumper sticker.

BabelBabe said...

"I do lactation, do you?"

I can think of a ton of them, what a strange way to put it.