I just made a vegan pot pie. It's excellent. The crust has margarine in it instead of butter, but actually tastes better. It's from this cookbook by Sarah Kramer that I've been loving for a while - La Dolce Vegan. I still wouldn't "present" as a vegan (I have the occasional yogurt or macaroon, which has egg whites in it) but I feel better when I'm eating less dairy. Of course, when I was pregnant, I was the Dairy Queen. I think it's more important to have oodles of calcium when you're preggers.

With E and movement, it's the calm before the storm. From sitting, he rocks forward onto all fours and he's - almost - so close! - to pushing off. You can feel his frustration and desire to move. He can also pull up to standing or almost-standing, using the side of his crib (until we lowered the mattress) or the bedrail.

I'm reading Sleepwalking in Daylight by Elizabeth Flock. It's a bit darker than my usual picks, but I'm enjoying it. She captures the hairy underbelly of adolescence...

Comments

Poppy said…
If I ever come over for a meal, even breakfast, I would love to try this.
Bearette said…
You should :)
Anonymous said…
I wish I could cut out dairy to a little yogurt now and again, but I have a bona fide addiction to cheese now. I might resort to shooting it intravenously :)

I said before that I wanted to make a vegetarian pot pie, and I also want to make a vegetarian shepherd's pie (Gillian from You Are What You Eat seems to always give this recipe to her clients).
Roxanne said…
Two words: BABY PROOF! ;)
judy in ky said…
I can't wait to see photos of E toddling around. I predict that will be very cute.
Bearette said…
I'm preparing to run after him ;)
Caro said…
Go E!

Your pot pie sounds good. I like vegan food.
Bearette said…
Me too! I'm about 90& vegan these days.
Bearette said…
90%, that is...

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!