Monday, May 09, 2016

New word: pentimento. A visible trace of earlier painting beneath a layer or layers of paint on a canvas.


Rachel Federman said...

related to palimpset?

Bearette said...

Similar :) though I think palimpsest is paper & pentimento is painting....came across it in a book so I looked it up