Years ago, when I was living in Massachusetts, I heard a song when I was driving to work. I liked the beat, but also the words: "I wish I had a girl in the hood/so I could call her." I sang that line when I went to work, making a coworker giggle. And that was it, I never heard it again.

Until last night. I was listening to playlists on Amazon Prime. There was one called "90s One Hit Wonders." I clicked on a random track, and presto, it was the girl in the hood song! I felt like we were destined to find each other, the song and I.

Except Amazon provides lyrics, and it turns out he was saying: "I wish I had a girl who looked good/and I would call her." Oh well. It's still a good song. It's called "I Wish" by Skee-Lo, in case you're wondering.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!