Trying to sort out my thoughts on the 2016 election. I was a strong Bernie supporter before, but I like Hillary's record on gun control better. Bernie is from a rural, gun-friendly state, and claims that there are many responsible gun owners, and the first thing he wants to do is enter a discussion. Hillary is taking more of a hard line. At this point, I feel like a hard line is necessary. Yet, until now, I liked Bernie so much. Maybe the debate will clear things up for me. The bottom line is, I have two small children, and all these school shootings make me nervous. I wish we could have a nationwide buyback like Australia did in 1996 (in response to a single gun massacre!).

Just read a New Yorker article about Bernie, which said he hits at Hillary's Achilles heel - "authenticity." Yes. But I do like her gun control record.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!