Pineapple upside down cake

Before we left for Hawaii, Eric had his weekly "playdate" with his grandparents. They always cook something together. In honor of our trip, they made pineapple upside down cake. I'd never had it before; somehow it didn't appeal to me - but this smelled so good when Eric brought it home. You could smell the caramelized brown sugar and butter, and the sweetness of the baked pineapple. One bite and I was hooked! So I got the recipe from my mother-in-law. She used a basic recipe with cake mix. I also found a recipe online, more sophisticated, which actually calls for vanilla beans. You can order them on Amazon.

And of course we had it in Hawaii...at the Molokini Bistro.

Comments

Rachel Federman said…
so nice that they cook with him every week.
never tried that cake but you're making it sound pretty appealing

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!