When it snowed when I was a little girl, I always got really excited. I made a point of taking my Cairn terrier, Pepper, out for a walk "on the first snow" (of the season). She was a small dog, and sometimes she would try to leap over a snowbank and plunge into it. She'd emerge a few seconds later, shaking snow out of her fur.

Unfortunately I don't have the same sense of joy about snow as I did when I was eight; but I can remember it. And there is definitely something cozy about being indoors during a snowstorm. I put the time to good use by giving E a haircut:

Comments

This Suzy said…
Do your kids get excited about the snow the way you did as a kid?
Bearette said…
Hard to say. Eric definitely has an interest in it - wants to know where it goes when it melts, etc.
Rachel Federman said…
Pepper is such a cute name
Bearette said…
her middle name was mint

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!