Food, glorious food (and light, let there be light)

So...the lights are back on outside! Maybe the grocery stores near me will re-open now. At any event, I tried a super-awesome grocery store on the Upper West Side: Zabar's. I've lived in New York 13 years and never gone in. Definitely a bad decision! The layout is kind of weird and confusing, but the food is top-notch. I got a brie and onion quiche (for me), spinach and mushroom quiche (for D), and apple blintzes (for everyone). I washed down the quiche and blintz with some Riesling, and shared my second blintz with Z, because I am a loving mother. All of it was delicious.

Comments

Brie and onion quiche??OMG, sounds good! You are definitely one of the lucky ones to escape that awful hurricane!.
Poppy said…
So glad the lights are back for you.
judy in ky said…
That sounds so good! Glad you made it through the storms.
Bearette said…
It was. If this store were in my neighborhood, I would go there all the time.
Rachel Federman said…
Never been to ZABARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bearette said…
you should go :)

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!