So today I got a pedicure, which is one of my guilty pleasures. I've never had a manicure, but I like having my toes done. I was a little startled to see that the pedicurist was a man, a 40-something Asian fellow with a shaved head. He seemed like a nice guy. I also thought he did a good job with the pedicure. BUT. At one point in the proceedings, they put a hot towel on your feet. It was a white towel.

After he had already started rubbing my feet with the towel, I noticed what looked like a tiny red spot of blood. I would have said something but I was stunned. Then I saw that he was careful not to let the spot make contact with my skin. So he must have seen the spot too.

Weird, huh? If it happened again, I would just say, "Could I have a new towel, please?" But I was too surprised.

Comments

I'm the opposite.. love manicures but I don't want someone touching my feet. lol...
Bearette said…
Funny! i am ok with strangers touching my feet but not hands. I noticed everyone there was getting a pedicure, too - the manicure tables were empty. I do like the symmetry of having a mani/pedi, though. Maybe someday.
Suzy said…
I bite my nails, so a manicure seems sort of pointless. lol

I like a pedicure because the place I go does a nice little foot/lower leg massage as part of it. It's feels really nice and it's my favorite part of the whole thing!
judy in ky said…
I have friends for whom a mani/pedi is a regular "girls day" ritual. I don't know how they afford to have them so often. I have them for special occasions but not part of a regular routine.
Anonymous said…
My very first pedicure was awesome. The other few I've had were disappointing. So, I rarely get them. Oddly enough, though, I was just thinking recently that I should get one soon.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!