Now I'm reading My Kitchen Year by Ruth Reichl. I've always enjoyed her books - Comfort Me With Apples, Tender at the Bone, Delicious. I can't relate to this one entirely, because she is grieving her job at Gourmet (an alien concept to me - I've never had a job I've missed). But it's full of appealing recipes. I got the ingredients for her pumpkin pancakes. I like the Trader Joe's pumpkin pancake mix, but it disappeared off the shelves early this year. Her recipe looks like a good substitute (but rich, with a stick of butter and four eggs). She says you can make it with half a stick, but it won't taste as good.

Comments

Rachel Federman said…
Pancakes with butter? Never heard of it. Made terrible 3-ingredient pancakes the other day. Have you ever tried just banana and egg pancakes? Actually pretty good.
Bearette said…
I haven’t...how many bananas/eggs?

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!