I can feel myself calming down about the election now that things seem to be going Hillary's way (KNOCK ON WOOD LOUDLY). Seriously, though, he seems to be the biggest disaster that ever ran for president. I can't remember this much negative coverage on any presidential candidate. I remember the Dogs Against Romney, when Romney put his dog on the roof of his car for 650 miles or something like that. But that's the most damning thing I can remember. Also, George W. Bush saying "nucular" instead of "nuclear." He was a disaster too, of course. But somehow no one comes close to Trump. The former head of the CIA is endorsing Hillary, warning that Trump could be a threat to national security.

This morning, I finished Heroes of the Frontier by Dave Eggers. He wrote about a single mother and two children gallivanting around Alaska. I got the sense that Alaska was the literal frontier in the book, but parenting was the symbolic frontier. He wasn't too heavy-handed about it, though. I would say he has a unique mind and style.

Comments

Rachel Federman said…
Love all the topics you cover here. I am starting to calm down about it too...for the reasons you say. Mitt's 47% comment really hurt him too, remember?
Bearette said…
No, I didn't know about it...will have to look it up. I've definitely been more involved in this election than previous ones.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!