I tried a new dish tonight. I had thumbed past it before because it looked a little dull. But it was really delicious. You put cauliflower and red potatoes in one bowl, with some parsley, basil and garlic. In another bowl, you mix together some tomato paste, dry white wine, water and olive oil. Then you pour the sauce over the vegetables and bake for 45 minutes, covered, at 400. You take it out, add some breadcrumbs and Parmesan, and bake it for 15 minutes more (uncovered this time). It was really amazing. I'm not even sure why. Maybe the slow roasting brings the flavors out, or maybe the sauce really helped. Hard to say. At any rate, I'd make it again.

I finished John Irving's Avenue of Mysteries, which was far out, definitely not a realistic novel, but enjoyable and thought-provoking. I couldn't think of anything else to read, so now I'm trying Last Night in Twisted River by the same author. It seems pretty good so far, in terms of the characters, though I'm not terribly interested in logging.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!