Eric's party was a big hit. All the kids were absorbed in making elaborate Lego creations. There was a separate room with food and wine for the parents. They loved this. (Some of them loved it a little too much.)

I woke up with a crusty swollen eye. So I went to a local drugstore that has a doctor present. They gave me some eye drops.

I started reading a book by Ken Bruen, called The Guards. Irish crime fiction, recommended by a friend. Not my usual genre, but I like it. Sometimes it's fun to step outside your habits.

Comments

judy in ky said…
The party sounds great. No wonder it was so popular!
Rachel Federman said…
have we ever talked about Joyce? Irish writers...just re-read Portrait - got more out of it this time but still didn't love it...lots of beautiful writing but doesn't hold together...now trying to plough through Finnegans Wake
Bearette said…
Wow! I never read Finnegans. I read Ulysses back in the day. I decided to be ok with not understanding all of it. I thought Dubliners was his most accessible.
Rachel Federman said…
Dubliners is by far the most

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!