The Boxcar Children

When Eric was very young, I wrote a list of books I thought he might want to read. They were favorites from my own childhood, including Harriet the Spy, The Little House in the Big Woods, Ramona Quimby, Superfudge, etc. Eric has enjoyed some of the books I picked out for him, but his favorite is the Boxcar Children series, which I never even knew about. Written by Gertrude Chandler Warner, the stories focus on four plucky children with no parents (just one laissez-faire grandfather) who use their New England resourcefulness to get out of scrapes and solve mysteries. They're written in 1950s style, very wholesome.

Comments

judy in ky said…
I think it's great that you made a list of books for him. My dad encouraged us to read and introduced us to his favorite books, and it has been a lifelong love.
Domestic Kate said…
I think we might have read some of the Boxcar Children stories in school. I know I've heard that term before.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!