The sleep situation

So....I've been trying not to obsess over sleep since I did with E, and obsessing generally gets you nowhere. I did come across one good piece of advice: don't be a jumpy parent; avoid running to your child the instant she cries; see if the baby can soothe herself first. Apparently if your baby can learn to self-soothe in the first two months, you stand a good chance of avoiding a big, ugly "cry it out" night in your future.

So today I was taking a shower and put Z in her bassinet first. As I was drying off, I heard little cries from the living room. When I got there, she was asleep. I figure this is promising. She has also fallen asleep a few times so far without nursing or motion.

Comments

Good for you! Keep it up.. I remember when the second one came along my husband heard a trash truck come by picking up dumpsters.. He asked if we should close the slider door... I told him 'no' and he looked at me as if I was nuts... Turns out the second one found her thumb and that was her sleeping aid...:-)
judy in ky said…
She sounds like a sweet baby.
Bearette said…
She is :) She REALLY likes to be held, almost all the time...but it's fun to hold her. Sometimes she falls asleep on my chest.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!