Well, we had our mentor meeting and buddy meeting tonight. We taught each other inversions. It's hard to remember every little detail. I taught T how to do a headstand. I thought I got everything but then realized that I hadn't mentioned the importance of pressing into the forearms. Oh well. I think it is great that we are practice teaching because we'll remember the omissions we made when we're teaching the poses for real. Or hopefully that's how it will work.

Over at homestarrunner.com, they have a new edition of Teen Girl Squad, my favorite goofy online comic strip. Check it out if you have time. Remember to leave the sound on.

Afterward, T and I had our buddy meeting. We did our homework together including the asana (pose) drawings. I got creative with mine, following her lead, and gave one of my drawing guys a little Speedo with hearts on it.

Then we practiced our oral presentations, which we have to do on Sunday. Mine is on brahmacharya, which is about abstinence or moving toward the essential truth. I figured it will be hard to talk about sex for 5 minutes in front of 33 people, but talking in front of T, it was easy. D came in later and she told him I "was very entertaining, like a Woody Allen monologue." Good stuff. T has satya, or truth, to talk about. I guess I'm lucky because my subject may be controversial and touchy but everyone is probably interested in it.

I'm reading Buddha Baby by Kim Wong Keltner, one of the books I'm reviewing for chicklitbooks.com this month. I'm enjoying it but it has some plot problems. E.g., there is no overarching dramatic question to tie it together. It just reads like a bunch of anecdotes. Some of them are very interesting. She talks about "Angry Asian Men." Apparently a lot of Asian women date white men, but the reverse combo is not as common, so Asian men sometimes feel unwanted.

Comments

Frema said…
I heart Teen Girl Squad. Soooo good!
Bearette said…
They have a Teen Girl Squad T-shirt that says "I have a crush on all the boys!" Decided it would be unwise to buy it ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!