So D and I went to Lasagna tonight. This is a fun restaurant in the heart of Chelsea, which means CAMPY. I had lasagna primavera, chock full of broccoli and peppers and such, and he had mushroom lasagna. I also had white zinfandel (I love cheap, sweet wine) and we split some apple crumb pie for dessert. It was awesome. I licked the plate, which was drizzled with chocolate sauce. My mother would have been horrified.

At one point during the dinner, my napkin caught on fire. It was dangling in the candle. We both blew on it, sparks flew and then it cooled off, leaving char marks. The people on our left sighed with relief. On our right were two men on a date. The waiter approached one of them, grasped his red shirt between his fingertips, and cooed, "I like your shirt." When D was in the bathroom, this waiter brought some dessert wine, which I turned away. One of the guys leaned over and tucked a dollar bill in his front pocket. (Memorably, when we went to Lasagna with P this summer, a guy at the next table asked a waiter, "Where's the beef?" and the waiter coyly responded, "Between your legs.") So something entertaining/off-color almost always happens at this restaurant.

Earlier, I saw a Pekinese in a jewelry store! It was apparently closed, but these people in the back buzzed me in so I could pat the dog. It had a sweet nature, soft fur and horrible breath. I don't mind doggy breath though - as long as you're not breathing it for hours on end or anything.

We tried to see the 8:45 In Her Shoes, but it was sold out. We'll head back to the theater to catch the 10:15 showing. It's quite long - 130 minutes.

My new issue of Us Weekly came, with a little circle on the top of the cover saying that Paris stole Mary-Kate's boyfriend. Paris is ridiculous. I hope all her bad karma comes back and bites her in the ass.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Paris stole Mary-Kate's boyfriend????

First H5N1, and now this. I quit.

--Lobo
Caro said…
Horrifying my mother is one of my favorite past times. Better your napkin on fire than your hair! Poodles are hypoallergenic. They don't shed. I think there is a website called dogbreedinfo.com where you can find your most compatible breeds. Have fun.
Lish said…
I'm trying to finish that book before I go see the movie on Sunday. Let me know what you think of it.
Bearette said…
Lobo - What's H5N1?

Carolyn - Thanks! Unfortunately my husband doesn't believe any dogs are truly hypoallergenic. And our building hates doggies. But I'm working on it!

Lish - It was a really good movie! You should definitely see it.
Lora said…
Sounds like a great place. I made lasagna tonight. I have to admit I really would have enjoyed a glass of red with it, but there will be time enough in my life for wine.
Bearette said…
That's true! And I did read that alcohol kills brain cells, so think of all the brain cells you are saving ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!