Tonight we saw "Good Night and Good Luck," directed by and starring George Clooney. Actually, the main star was David Stathairn, playing 1950s CBS reporter Edward Murrow. Murrow was a key player in bringing Joseph McCarthy down, but he didn't emerge unscathed. It wasn't the kind of movie that would have appealed to me right off the bat, but it got a strong review from A.O. Scott (NY Times) and a good Tomatometer rating (rottentomatoes.com).

I liked the black and white, and the acting. It reminded me a bit of "Quiz Show," which D thought was more powerful. I'd give this one a B.

Comments

bdogg_mcgee said…
Cool--I saw George Clooney's interview on Good Morning America on Friday morning while I was sick. It looks like an interesting show!
Anonymous said…
I too saw the interview, or just a part of it, actually. I didn't know what the movie was called though. Now I do. Thanks!

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!