So I finished the first sleeve of my sweater...woot! I've about had it with complex lace patterns, though. The next thing I knit is gonna be a cowl. The Twilight Cowl. This will come in handy for the Manhattan winter.

This weekend my baby is going to turn two. Two! Can't believe I have successfully guided him through two years. I must be a pretty awesome mother :)

I finished The Lace Reader from the library. It's set in Salem, about ten minutes from my childhood home. My mother worked there for many years. So the places in the book were very familiar to me. There was also an unreliable narrator. I always love those. Now I'm reading the next book by the same author - The Map of True Places. I guess I avoided these books for a while, fearing they would be sappy. But they're not. They're kind of punchy and surprising.

E is a true New York City baby - when we stepped outside the building to go to a wedding on Sunday, he said, "Taxi."

Comments

Crystal said…
That is TOO cute.
G said…
Love him! :) He needs to meet N. They would be great friends, I think.
This suzy said…
That's so cute and funny. I can't believe he's about to turn two!
Amy said…
The taxi bit is hilarious!

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!