The Pile

The newest books! The top one is written by Allison Winn Scotch, whose previous novel had a Sliding Doors premise: she was able to go back and do it over again, try it differently, and see the results. So that was intriguing. So far, her new book is good, though I can't really tell what it's about yet.

The Girl on the Fridge is a short story collection. I usually prefer novels, but the stories are spiky and interesting.

Yoga for People Who Can't Be Bothered to Do It looks funny. It's apparently a travelogue of sorts, though the write-up says it is "unclassifiable." I got it at Spoonbill and Sugartown, a bookstore in Brooklyn that is a bit unclassifiable in its own right. I always see books I have never heard of before when I am there. They also have two cats, though one was in hiding.

Hothouse Flower looks like another travelogue, though fictional.

Comments

how do u manage to read so fast? or have the time?
Bearette said…
I do read fast, but I don't read every book in each pile. I only read two books in the huge library pile, for example. I might read every book in this pile, just cause they all look good.
Anonymous said…
follow my blog:

http://jenniferscavone.blogspot.com/
judy in ky said…
When I lived in Philly I took the train to work. I loved it because it gave me so much time to read. I got so much reading done on the train.
Bearette said…
Have you thought any more about visiting Philly? It's a short train ride from me.
marcelia said…
Eu amo ler e deve ser muito bom mesmo eu sou apaixonada por livros tenho a coleção da escritora Rebecca Brown e outros livros. Gosto de jornal revistas de notícias e o que rola no mundo
Anonymous said…
Is that Portuguese?

I remain envious of your mad book-reading skills. I've had a Carl Hiaasen book from the library sitting on my coffee table for a couple weeks. I renewed it once, but I remain on page 3.
Bearette said…
I was wondering what that was. I thought it was Spanish, but I never took it. Carl Hiaasen has a new book coming out, I think - Star Girl.

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!