Author news

Jennifer Weiner will be featured in People tomorrow! Some anti-chick lit woman said that Jennifer "and her spawn" would be featured. Gimme a break. Also, a short story of Jennifer's (I know, we're not exactly on a first name basis, but Weiner seems impolite) will appear in the October Glamour. It's about a woman who's obsessed with her ex-boyfriend. He recently became engaged, and she goes to his online wedding registry and substitutes her name for his betrothed's! Should be fun.

Also, Gregory Maguire (author of Wicked) is doing a reading at a bookstore near me next Wednesday! His new book, Son of a Witch, is coming out. I assume he'll be signing as well. I skimmed the Amazon description and it sounds like a sequel to Wicked. I couldn't be more excited ;)

Comments

Anonymous said…
I ordered Son of a Witch for my library a few weeks ago... should be coming soon!
Bearette said…
Yay! I think I'll buy it that night so he can sign it. B&N sent me a 15% discount sticker, on top of my 10% member discount ;)
bdogg_mcgee said…
I read the short story of Jennifer Weiner's in the new Glamour. It was really good!

And don't even get me started on Gregory Maguire. It all started with my reading Wicked and I have been hooked ever since!!!
Bearette said…
Cool! I guess I'll be buying the new Glamour then...

We also saw Wicked on Broadway...it was very good but not as good as the book, of course ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!