So T and I went to see Definitely, Maybe yesterday. It's the new movie with Ryan Reynolds (previously engaged to Alanis Morissette, now dating Scarlett Johannson, who gave him a bronzed tooth as a gift) and Abigail Breslin (the little girl from Little Miss Sunshine; she is just relentlessly cute). Anyway, Ryan is getting divorced, and his daughter, Abigail, wants to hear how he met her mother. He decides to tell her in the guise of a "love story mystery," featuring three women he dated, with all of their names changed (except one, as it turns out). Then Abigail has to guess who her mother is.

I don't know if it would stand up to a re-watching, since so much of it was plot-driven ("Who's your mommy?"), but the script was clever and T and I both enjoyed it. She pointed out that the divorce detracted from the feel-good factor, which was true. But, all in all, it was a good movie.

Comments

Tracy said…
I saw that movie on Valentine's Day. My girl friend and I went since her husband and my soon to be husband were working together at the fire station that night. Anyway, more than you needed to know... ha ha!
I liked the movie a lot! I wasn't sure it was really a story he should have been telling a child... but movies aren't usually all that realistic anyway.
It's not one that has to be seen at the theater but I would definitely say see it on DVD! : )
Bearette said…
I agree! I was initially turned off by the preview -- should he really be telling his daughter that much? But then I liked it better than expected :)

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable personalities

The return of Rudolph

happy birthday e!